Re: How to stop time-consuming operations?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to stop time-consuming operations?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:00:04 +0200

Am 25.05.2006 um 21:26 schrieb kj:

I started a replace-string command that is taking too long (the
file is much bigger than I had realized).  How can I tell Emacs to
abort the operation?  Ctrl-G is not doing it...  (I have a lot of
other buffers open, so I'd really prefer not to kill Emacs altogether.)

Put GNU Emacs asleep with Ctrl-Z and wake it when you go to bed. In the meantime use another instance!

--
Greetings

  Pete

 Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches