Re: removing the echo area

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: removing the echo area
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:59:13 -0600

Tim X wrote:
Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
Do you mean you are running your program from Emacs via `M-x term'?
That should set up the terminal so that your program can query the
terminal configuration and display properly.

I think the OPs problem is they are running it from a console rather
than under X.

They may be running Emacs in a console, a terminal emulator, or under
several window systems -- the OP didn't say.  But regardless, shouldn't
`M-x term /my/program RET' do the right thing?

One way around would be to configure the console to use a smaller font
so that you get more than the 25x80 you get with default font size. Of
course, how useful this is would depend on how large your monitor is.
Under Linux, this can be configured via LILO at boot time. Not sure
about other boot loaders like grub etc.

--
Kevin