Re: isn't there any simple, standard way to print in windowsXP?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: isn't there any simple, standard way to print in windowsXP?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:34:46 +0300

> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: minesh varmas <mineshvarmas@yahoo.com>
>
> it is so difficult to configure the printer on  Ms
> windows.

What is it that you want to configure, exactly?  If I understand
correctly, the printer destination does work, i.e. the material is
printed.  SO what is the problem?

> All i want is the print dialog box to pop up and get
> the printing done.

No one has written the code to do that in Emacs.

> when the shared printer is specfied
> (setq printer-name "//alex/HPLaserJ"
> it prints the document with much larger font without
> any page numbers or heading.

Is that a PostScript printer?  If so, you want to use "Postscript
Print", not the ordinary print.  (Find that in the File menu.)