Re: ediff next/previous difference & point

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: ediff next/previous difference & point
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:47:10 +0200

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan Reichör <stefan@xsteve.at> writes:
>> A related note for ediff:
>>
>> I use the following setting in my .emacs:
>> (setq ediff-window-setup-function 'ediff-setup-windows-plain)
>>
>> Now I don't get an extra frame for the ediff control panel. And it is
>> possible to switch to a buffer or the control panel via C-x C-o
>
> I don't think this an advantage: with more than two windows, C-x o
> [sic!] gets messy.  Having two frames and being able to switch between
> them with C-x 5 o seems much more convenient.

To be honest, I don't use C-x o to switch to the other buffer, I have
bound F4 to do the switching. So I hit F4 several times until I have
selected the correct buffer.

And I use only one emacs frame with some special window configurations
(e.g. for gnus).
That setup works very well for me, but I can imagine that you have
different working habits.

Stefan.