Arrowless navigation

From: Vyacheslav Akhmechet
Subject: Arrowless navigation
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:17:44 -0400

I recently disabled the arrow keys to avoid temptation. However, I
find that default navigation is fairly uncomfortable: C-f, C-b, C-n,
C-p. The keys are far away from each other and navigating like that is
really stressful on the fingers. Why is this done this way?

Do most people redefine these bindings? Initially I wanted to redefine
to C-j, C-k, C-l and C-i (because they resemble the arrow keys and are
close to the home row) but some of the most common emacs bindings are
there. So how do the pros navigate?

Thanks,
- Slava.