Re: Two quick questions

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Two quick questions
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:17:20 +0100

Tong Wang wrote:
Hi,
    Sorry to bother you guys with naive questions, did some search but couldn't
find answers.
   1:  To switch to another buffer, after issue C-x b,  and type something in
minibuffer followed by Tab for completion,
        is there any way to scroll through those possible completions in
minibuffer, instead of having to type more words
        or go to  the newly opened buffer to chose one ?

Tong,
Not exactly what you asked for but,

C-x C-b will display a list of all buffers; you can pick the one you want.

M-x bury-buffer will send the current buffer to the back of the z-order.
I've bound this to C-x C-h, and find it handy for cycling buffers.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.