Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: mkeller
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:37:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi Will,

I find it cool that you're getting into emacs in your retirement years.
Speaks volume of who you are I think. What'd you do before retirement?

Anyway, I'm an emacs newbie (using it for abt 6 months), and use it for work
doing statistical genetics. For now, I solely use it as an interface for the
R statistical program. It has been great in this regard, but sometimes I get
frustrated as hell with it and want to foresake it all and go back to the R
gui (e.g., right now trying to figure out how to get the ediff thing to
work). But overall, I love the concept of open source software, and open
source journals for that matter, and I think emacs is great.

Matt