Re: Split frame?

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: Re: Split frame?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:10:13 +0100

"Vols" <volunteers@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, group,
>
> I have 3 file in one frame, say file1.c, file2.c and file3.c

You seem not to be very familiar with the Emacs names for things like
frames and windows.
In Emacs a frame is a thing you can move around with your window
manager. A window is a part (with text) in a frame.

So what do you mean here??

> I use 'C-x 3' to split the frame vertically. The problem is these two
> frames are identical. When I open a 'file4.c' in left frame, it
> appears in right frame too.

You probably mean window? I don't have the effect here.

> How to make these two frames independent? Thanks

They pretty much are here. Windows, too.

Please be more precise.

Malte