Re: special-display-regexps

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: special-display-regexps
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:43:12 GMT

On 2007-04-27, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

>> Maybe it's something internal to ESS -- it uses a special function to
>> call the help buffer, so I've posted my problem on the
>> gmane.emacs.ess.general list to see if they know what's going on.
>
> That sounds like a good idea.

Ok, I'm still not sure why my regexps weren't working, but ESS
provides it's own way to manipulate special buffer frames. The fact
that these customizations are available suggests that the usual
special buffer frames approach doesn't work with ESS.  The
following lines in my .emacs achieve what I need, in case anyone else
stumbles upon this thread looking for answers:

(setq ess-help-own-frame t)

(setq ess-help-frame-alist '((user-position . t)
                                    (top . (- 45))
                                    (left . (- 0))
                                    (width . 70)
                                    (height . 14)
                                    (unsplittable . t)))

The user-position and unsplittable variables may not be necessary...

Thanks again,

Tyler