Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 07:08:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> with Lennart's binaries.  And .emacs that does not start the server
> will give you a server on Windows if you use Lennart's binaries, but
> on other systems the server will not start.

I see the point, and if the only problem is that the solution was not
found before releasing 22 I understand the issue and hope it will be
fixed. However, users of emacsW32 and particularly those who choose
the patched version are informed the whole way through.

Many windows users will not even consider running another
system. Those experts who need to run on several systems may be able
to do something clever with system-type in their .emacs wouldn't they?

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html