Re: Gnus color highlighting

From: cothrige
Subject: Re: Gnus color highlighting
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:20:50 GMT

On 2007-05-23, Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:

> If you've modified the value of the `message-cite-prefix-regexp',
> it will occur.  But you haven't done it, have you?

Nope, I haven't fiddled with any variables right now.  It would still
be the default.

> There are two possible causes: one is that the number of citation
> lines that are not highlighted is less than the value of the
> `gnus-cite-minimum-match-count' variable (of which the default
> value is 2); the other is that highlighted lines use the face of
> which the color is the same as that of the default face.  For the
> former, put the following line in your ~/.gnus.el file:
>
> (setq gnus-cite-minimum-match-count 1)

This is showing as 2 right now.

> For the later, changing the order of the faces might help.  I
> have the following snippet in my ~/.gnus.el file:
>
> (setq gnus-cite-face-list
>       (mapcar (lambda (n) (intern (format "gnus-cite-%s" n)))
>             '(3 7 2 6 4 5 8 9 10 11 1)))

At this point, I find that the problem is not what I thought.  In
looking at trying this out I realize that the fault is not in gnus,
which is actually working fine, but rather it is because I usually run
emacs in a screen session, and that is seeming to mess with my
colors.  Any thoughts on what may be causing that?

> Of course, you can change the colors of the gnus-cite-1,
> gnus-cite-2, gnus-cite-3... faces.
>
> Regards,

Many thanks,

Patrick