Re: customizing emacs windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: customizing emacs windows
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:06:41 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 00:24:23 +0200
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

How can I customize Emacs so that my windows customization is
persisted (so that the customization is put in the .emacs file)? I'd
like to divide my Emacs frame to several windows with particular sizes
and to set-up some of the windows open particular buffers. Generally
I'd like to do somthing like ECB, but not exactly that.
You can try winsav.el from here

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/

Rather than introduce a new and unbundled package, isn't it better to
enhance the bundled winner.el?

Maybe, I do not know. I do not think winner.el was mentioned when we discussed this before.

After a quick look it seems to me they are not doing the same thing. winner.el looks more for redoing/undoing window configuration interactively (a nice thing).

winsav.el was written to save window configurations and inject them in frames or windows.

It looks like winner.el and winsav.el complement each other.