Re: opening files result in read-only buffers

From: Dirk Jagdmann
Subject: Re: opening files result in read-only buffers
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:05:41 +0200

Normally the experts (not me!) ask you to try to replicate the error
after starting emacs with "emacs -q" so your customizations don't get
loaded.
Could try that and report back ?

thanks for this suggestion. With the help of -q and some divide-and-conquer approach on my .emacs configuration I was able to locate a function from a "quilt.el" package I installed ages ago which was linked into the find-file-hook and made the buffer read-only. As I did not use this quilt.el anyway I just threw it out of my configuration.

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann ^ doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj