Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:02:15 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp> writes:

> On 24 juil. 07, at 23:26, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
>
>> () Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp>
>> () Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:00:28 +0900
>>
>>    No because the people who pretend that there are technical
>>    issues or that "it is impossible" do not make sense in the
>>    first place.
>>
>> perhaps you misunderstand them (more than they misunderstand you).
>
> Pascal Bourguignon's replies are a good example of misunderstanding
> me: I am not talking about localizing the function names, which would
> definitely create a mess, but about localizing the interface, as
> Hadron very clearly put it. Or maybe Hadron is totally misunderstood
> too ?

But you don't understand me!  function names are a great part of the
interface of emacs.  I never use the menu (first thing in my ~/.emacs
is (mapc (lambda (f) (funcall f -1))
        '(menu-bar-mode scroll-bar-mode tool-bar-mode))
).  Command names (that is function names) are a big part of the my
interactive interface with emacs, thru M-x.

ADVISORY: There is an extremely small but nonzero chance that,
through a process known as "tunneling," this product may
spontaneously disappear from its present location and reappear at
any random place in the universe, including your neighbor's
domicile. The manufacturer will not be responsible for any damages
or inconveniences that may result.