Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:39:42 +0200

Bill Clementson <billclem@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Bill,

>> But I can use `shell-command' (and I do it now).
>
> In the conversion of doc-view-convert-doc, you made a typo:
> doc-view-conversion-buffed should be doc-view-conversion-buffer

Yes, I've fixed that.  And I've sent it to emacs-devel for inclusion.
There's the new slicing-feature you're going to love!  Trust me!

> Also, I suggested using C-n and C-p to scroll the image. You changed
> the bindings of C-v and M-v to scroll the image and added C-n and M-p
> to do next/previous page.

That was a typo and it's fixed now.

> I think my suggested bindings are closer to what people would expect
> (e.g. - C-v would move to the next page while C-n would move down in
> the current page). In any case, if you decide to keep the existing
> bindings, you should probably at least change M-p to C-p.

That's what I did, because C-v/M-v are always bound to scroll-up/down.

>> --
>>      My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
>
> The random feature this time was breaking on dvi generation. ;-)

That was the buffed-thing, right?

Anyway, get the new version and try slicing with the mouse. :-)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
If programmers deserve to  be rewarded for creating innovative programs,
by the same  token they deserve to be punished if  they restrict the use