Re: line spacing too big

From: Sebastian Kaps
Subject: Re: line spacing too big
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:28:39 +0200

// Peter Dyballa writes:

>> Maybe you just turned off the toolbars?
> Yes, I have so, usually, but this does not change how text is
> displayed. I can switch tool-bar on or off and the line spacing does
> *not* change.

Sorry that was a misunderstanding. When you mentioned GTK and that your
Emacs looked like my XEmacs I thought you concluded from the toolbar of
my Emacs that it uses GTK.

> (tool-bar-mode 0)

Thanks!

> I presume it's a typical Debian problem, I mean: improvement.

I think I can rule that out. I took my self-compiled emacs binary and
ran it with the "-Q" option, so no init files should be read.
Then I changed the default font with "M-: (set-default-font ...)" and
again the line spacing was too big.

> If this behaviour continues to display then I am pretty sure that X11
> has some ergonomic setting on. I've seen similiar things with X11
> (OpenWindows and CDE) on Solaris.

Hm, I can't think of such a setting in X.org. Also, I disabled all
"assistive technologies" in GNOME. If it was related to X, then I would
have the problem in xterm too, since I use the same font there.

--
Ciao, Sebastian