Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?
Date: 10 Sep 2007 20:59:29 GMT

Roger Levy wrote:
> I use a shell script to compile my LaTeX files from the command line
> and turn them into PDFs in one go-around (using ps2pdf rather than
> pdflatex), and I would like to bind an Emacs key combination to the
> execution of this script on the buffer.  How can I do this?  I'm
> having a hard time figuring it out from the manual.

you need to define a lisp function that calls your shell script on the
current buffer, and then bind your desired key combo to this function.

but more likely you should consider using AUCTeX (google for it). AUCTeX
can be customised to call your script. plus it has a gazillion other
benefits when writing latex documents.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)