Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?
Date: 19 Sep 2007 17:06:04 GMT

Roger Levy wrote:
> Name: latex2pdf
> Command: latex2pdf %S &
> Modes: Plain TeX, LaTeX
>
> However, after saving this modification and setting it for the current
> session, C-c C-c in LaTeX mode still doesn't trigger the latex2pdf
> command.  Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

well, you press C-c C-c and then you still have to select the command you
want to run. so press l and then hit TAB, it will expand to latex2pdf. then
hit ENTER.

however, i don't think your command is right. first, the %S is for the
source special options. you probably want %t, which expands to the tex
file.

i also don't think you need the ampersand. instead, you need to set the
How: options, probably to TeX-run-command. that also gives you the ability
to watch the output of your command by typing C-c C-l.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)