Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?

From: Matthias
Subject: Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:14:38 +0200

Roger Levy schrieb:
Hi,

I use a shell script to compile my LaTeX files from the command line
and turn them into PDFs in one go-around (using ps2pdf rather than
pdflatex), and I would like to bind an Emacs key combination to the
execution of this script on the buffer.  How can I do this?  I'm
having a hard time figuring it out from the manual.

Many thanks,

Roger

Most easy would be to put a Makefile in your working directory that defines how your shell script is called and then use emacs' compile command that you bind to any key for example "f9":

(global-set-key [f9] 'compile)

matthias