Problem with customizing the way emacs looks

From: dxs
Subject: Problem with customizing the way emacs looks
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm running emacs 21.4.1 on ubuntu.

Previously, I was using Fedora. I made quite a few customizations of how
emacs looks through .Xresources and .Xdefaults files. Now, I just copied my
"old" .Xresources and .Xdefaults into my home directory on ubuntu and a very
strange thing happens:

when I start emacs up, for a splitting second it looks as prescribed in
.Xresources and .Xdefaults, but then it immediately changes to look as it
did before I changed .Xresources and .Xdefaults.

Why this strange behaviour and how to fix it?

Thanks a million,
Dmitry.