Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:15:23 -0400

   To be honest and not trying to be rude

   [...]

   guess what, my advice .....RTFM!

The `F' part is rude.

Rudeness aside, there is a certain opacity to the GNU Emacs Manual that,
for me is only subverted by reading---or maybe scanning---every message
posted to this list and stumbling on useful functions and variables
while looking for something else (which I don't usually find) in the
manual.

I have learned more about Emacs reading threads on this list with
subject lines of seemingly no interest to me than anywhere else.

You *are* right about `The Detailed Node Listing', it and the practice
of doing `C-h m' have been the most informative along with the chanceful
methods above.