Re: reply to this mailing-list

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:18:34 +0200

Thierry Volpiatto <tvolpiatt@neuf.fr> writes:

>     Michaël> Thierry Volpiatto <tvolpiatt@neuf.fr> writes:
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I am new to this mailing-list and I found difficult to reply in
>     >> this mailing-list with some people sending to a particular person
>     >> and forwarding to the mailing list with Cc and other people with
>     >> a mail like spam@spam .
>
>     Michaël> Try `f' or `F'.
>
>     Thierry>

Your self quoting style is a real PITA IMO.  If someone wants to quote
your text, fine, but this is really hard to read someone who is quoting
himself.

> Yes , I know the "f" "F" forwarding command but that fill the To
> header with the addres of the sender if the address of the sender is
> like spam@spam or not a real address like michael@cadilhac.name :) you
> arrive to the mailing list but the mail server (neuf for me) will not
> be happy

Well, the use of spam@spam is fundamentally bogus, so if you are led to
reply to such an address, just complain to the author, asking him to put
a valid mail address or to use a standard mail header saying that one
should not reply to the author.

Or just don't reply to spam@spam users, to protest :-)

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |    Le second degré,                    |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |       c'est un peu                     |