Re: Emacs bindings in other programs

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Emacs bindings in other programs
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:19:46 +0100

Hi

YSK <koyfman@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I used to use LaTeX for this reason. But unfortunately I find I
> still need to use an MS Word compatible word processor quite often.
> On Windows, VBacs does a great job of making MS Word behave like Emacs
> and I'd really like to find something analogous for OO.o.

Since I discovered tex4ht I said goodbye to Word and OO.o-Writer for
ever. I can have my usual editing environment and the full power of
Emacs before I send people their beloved .doc files that tex4ht
produces quite free from error within a second (including BibTeX
data).

You should give it a try.

Greetings

Sven