Re: Load path and custom compiling cvs on Debian

From: 方旭亮
Subject: Re: Load path and custom compiling cvs on Debian
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:43:11 +0800

"John Wells" <lists@sourceillustrated.com> writes:

> Guys,
>
> I've learned that anti-aliased fonts don't appear to be supported yet
> on 22, and I've also found that compiling the unicode branch out of
> CVS enables this support.
>
> I've done the compile and it works great...fonts look wonderful.
> However, the problem is the custom compiled emacs doesn't find all my
> pre-installed Debian packaged modes and utilities, like ecb,
> ruby-mode, etc.
  where is your unicode version emacs install? /usr/local/share ?

> It appears that the dpkg's put the various installed files in:
>
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
> /usr/share/emacs22/site-lisp
>
> Then, when I start emacs, these are already there, loaded.
>
> Can someone tell me what configurations settings I need to do to make
> these work with my custom compile? Is it a ./configure option? Is it
> some central emacs config file? Can I inspect where my custom compile
> is looking for modes easily through emacs itself?

  you can put all the other modes i.e ecb ruby-mode to you home ,
  .emacs.d/site-lisp
 then load this in your .emacs file,so whenever you install other
  version emacs, it can find those

--
   The designer knows he was arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add,but when there is no longer anything to take away