solved: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: solved: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?
Date: 19 Dec 2007 15:54:21 GMT

Hello,

> The messages show the view library being loaded after speedbar, perhaps
> something there is overriding your key bindings.

That was it. I used "view-read-only == 1" so that the speedbar buffer was
in "view" mode. When throwing that out, it behaves as usual.

Thanks for your help !

I won't switch to emacs22 before debian lenny becomes stable. I have to
support a stable environment here and don't want to mix up things. So I'll
have to live with emacs21 which is good enough for me.

IMHO my problem was not emacs21 related. As a developer, I can completely
understand that you don't want to hassle with "old" software. As an admin
for a few servers, I see the need for a stable environment. I just hope,
both goals can live together...

Thanks again,

Markus