Re: image-dired shows images as text

From: Allan
Subject: Re: image-dired shows images as text
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:16:52 -0600

Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com> writes:

> As someone else pointed out, you canceled image-dired. If you had
> answered `y' you might have seen a buffer with thumbnails. I say
> `might' because image-dired requires the external tool `convert' to
> work, and you run Windows XP where this is not installed by
> default. However, you can easily download it, `convert' is part of the
> ImageMagick package. After installing it you need to make sure that
> convert.exe is in your PATH or you need to configure image-dired and
> point out where the file is.
>
> Good luck!
I installed ImageMagick 6.3.7 and configured it with the image-dired
customization window along with the thumbs customization window but still
cannot display thumbnails. I always get the error message "could not create
thumb for ....". There may be something else missing in the image-dired
configuration besides what you mention here. I have put the full path name of
ImageDirect-6.3.7-Q8 for the image-dired thumb creation programs.

--
Allan