Re: Anything.el for Windows

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Anything.el for Windows
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:34:50 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

>> FYI, I'm using the file I git'ted yesterday (or the day before - don't
>> remember) from your repository:
>>
>> ;;; anything-config.el --- predefined configurations for anything
>
> [...]
>
>> ;;;; Info pages
>
> [...]
>
>> (defvar anything-c-source-info-pages
>>   `((name . "Info Pages")
>>     (candidates
>>      . (lambda ()
>>          (if anything-c-info-pages
>>              anything-c-info-pages
>>            (setq anything-c-info-pages
>>                  (save-window-excursion
>>                    (save-excursion
>>                      (require 'info)
>>                      (Info-find-node "dir" "top")
>>                      (goto-char (point-min))
>>                      (let ((info-topic-regexp "\\* +\\([^:]+:
>> ([^)]+)[^.]*\\)\\.")
>>                            topics)
>>                        (while (re-search-forward info-topic-regexp nil t)
>>                          (add-to-list 'topics (match-string-no-properties
>> 1)))
>>                        (goto-char (point-min))
>>                        (Info-exit)
>>                        topics)))))))
>>     (action . (("Show with Info" .(lambda (node-str)
>>                                     (info (replace-regexp-in-string "^[^:]+:
>> "
>>                                                                     ""
>>
>> node-str))))))
>>     (requires-pattern . 2)))
>
> Damn!  It's broken in the file!  I cannot imagine why.  I clone my
> repository myself using
>
>   git clone http://www.tsdh.de/repos/git/anything-config.git foo
>
> and got a checkout in the directory foo with a working version of the
> info source.  (I suspected that I forgot to install the update-hook on
> my web-server so that an old version is provided when pulling via http,
> but that's not the case...)
>
> Please try to clone again.

Just did it (at 14:21 - if you look in your logs) with the exact
same command as yours (destination in the `foo' directory):

    git clone http://www.tsdh.de/repos/git/anything-config.git foo

Got the attached file. There is no diff (using ediff-buffers)
with my "other" `anything-config.el'!??? How is this possible?

Then, downloaded `anything-config.el' from EmacsWiki:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/download/anything-config.el

Compared it with the cloned version. No diff neither.

I'm lost...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban