Re: more config .emacs files

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: more config .emacs files
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:24:28 +0400

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:33 PM, srb@heckler-koch.cz
<srb@heckler-koch.cz> wrote:
>  as normaly i am whole day working with some source codes in my gui
>  emacs. But few times a day i am configuring some things on linux from
>  command line, and i need to edit some files. As i am bored with mcedit,
>  i would like to use emacs in terminal mode. But do not want to switch to
>  my gui emacs.

I thought so. That's why I spoke of multi-tty emacs and the -t option
for emacsclient. In multi-tty emacs you can launch the gui version of
emacs and then, using 'emacsclient -t', open _tty_ frames. Or vice
versa. Read here: http://lorentey.hu/project/emacs.html.hu

Of course, you'll need to compile Emacs from CVS.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

Russian history blog: http://minaev.blogspot.com