Re: File name completion on Mac OS X with German umlauts

From: Markus
Subject: Re: File name completion on Mac OS X with German umlauts
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:24:44 +0100

Peter,

thanks a lot for your information. You seem to have a profound knowledge of Emacs internals!

But as mentioned earlier in this thread, I switched to the Mac because I don't want to know why things *work*. I don't want to spend my evenings worrying about why things do *not* work -- I did that when using Linux for eight years.

It seems that both Emacs and Mac OS X have to fix some bugs in regards to my issue. Hopefully some Emacs developer reads this or is aware of this. I also let Apple know about that bug.

But I'm out of here and won't investigate any further. I just deal with it until it will be hopefully fixed one day or find some alternative ... but is there an alternative to Emacs??? ;-))

Thank you once again,
Markus