emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted

From: lanas
Subject: emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:43:16 -0400

All,

  I've been using the emacs from Savannah for some time now.  It works
very nicely.  Now, I've tried to compile under Fedora 9 x86 and it
won't, the compilation resulting in:

language/thai-word.el:10736:5:Error: Memory exhausted--use C-x s then exit and
restart Emacs

make[2]: *** [compile] Error 1

  Now, I would first hand presume that this is related to Fedora 9.  emacs is
not running at that moment and the compile process is:

./configure
make bootstrap

  Is there a way to disable Thai (and others not needed by the way)
language support easily at the configure stage ?

Cheers,

Al