Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:09:01 +1200

 > > This works for me if I have a very simple my_gdbinit file.  Does my_gdbinit
 > > start execution?  It must fail somewhere there.  Start with an empty file
 > > and gradually add Gdb commands.
 > >

 > As I said in my previous email, my_gdbinit isn't read by gdb when gdb is
 > started from emacs. It's only read when I start gdb from a shell, and in
 > that case every things works fine.

But you also say:

   After I added it, I now have this in emacs when it tries to show the source
   code:

   error in process filter: Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)

which looks like Gdb is doing soething.  Perhaps it's reading your
my_gdbinit file and the error message is getting lost somewhere.