Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:01:22 +0500

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Jesse <jesse.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway I can do this, or even
> alternatively possibly easily pass the current line my cursor is on in
> that file to the mini buffer when I put in the visit command?

You could use the hyperlinks in Org-mode or Muse:

[[file:/path/to/directory][my first directory]] -- for Org;
[[/path/to/directory][my first directory]] -- for Muse.

Clicking on the link will open dired on the directory. Of course, you
can also add links to files.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev