Re: about load paths

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: about load paths
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:37:06 +0200

Am 19.06.2008 um 16:42 schrieb Rustom Mody:

Different from what?

There is the phase in which the system's and/or the user's init file are searched and found. Then, in another phase, when any of these is found, it gets kind of executed. In this phase the load-path value is important for the ability to (find and) load ELisp files.

This element -- which?

This element is "~/.emacs.d" and not a part of the default load-path value.

GTK Resource file -- Whats that? (On WIndows?)

Why not? It's probably useless because you can't use a VM (virtual machine) that runs a useful OS, as there are people who use a lorry as their personal car. Or use their land-rover for a promenade on the highway. For me, on Mac OS X, a GNOME Tool Kit resource file would make some sense ...

Actually I use ~/.emacs.d to save desktop and session files, TRAMP seems to use it, backup files from editing are stored here, and more I don't understand.

--
Greetings

  Pete

No project was ever completed on time and within budget.
                                – Cheops Law