Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Files created with emacs are owned by system
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:33:23 +0200

Am 01.08.2008 um 14:01 schrieb Joost Kremers:

        sudo chown -R iainb:iainb ~iainb

log off and in again.

are you sure that's such a wise idea? changing ownership of literally
*everything* in someone's home dir?

The Haskell file in his home directory he showed did not belong to him. He also described that he has problems to save files. So I assumed that also directories might not be owned by him.

BTW, what's so bad (or dangerous or capitalistic) of owning everything in my home directory tree?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Heißt 'Wegwerfgesellschaft', dass mensch diese Gesellschaft weg werfen *kann* oder *muss*?