Re: How to type when using Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: How to type when using Emacs?
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 23:36:40 +0200

Joel J. Adamson wrote:
"David" == David Combs <dkcombs@panix.com> writes:

    >> one hand and it looks like it would kill their wrists after a while.  I
    >> certainly do it faster than any of them.

    David> Huh?

    David> I hold down the control with my left pinky, and then hit x and f.

The discussion was about touch-typing, wherein the strategy is to hit a
key with one finger on each hand at a time.  Holding down a key with
your hand and typing with the same hand is therefore not touch typing.

Is not this just one strategy in touch-typing? I personally prefer Sticky Keys/Sticky Modifiers.