Re: (emacs+unix): How to have a file-name containing slashes, angle-bra

From: Xah
Subject: Re: (emacs+unix): How to have a file-name containing slashes, angle-brackets, etc?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 28, 2:42 am, Nikolaj Schumacher <m...@nschum.de> wrote:
> Xah <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> this is off topic, i'm sure there are other lists that may appreciate such
> >> discussion
>
> > tell it to one Nikolaj Schumacher. She insisted this argument.
>
> I didn't insist on an argument.  I corrected your mistake, so that
> others wouldn't get their facts wrong.  Also I'm not a she.

You are not a she? could u be a she-male then?

> > you might be interested in this article:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking
>
> I find that very offensive.  I have talked about nothing but facts
> and have intentionally left my personal opinions on unix out of it.

Very true. But i find your critical thinking abilities, as exposed in
your writings, comparatively low. Therefore, i find it a good gesture
to give you honest advice.

Please let me know if any point in that Wikipedia article on critical
thinking you already know well, so that we can discuss facts well and
have a proper argumentation.

> You are free to attack any of my conclusions or arguments on-list or
> off-list, but to broadly question my common sense without naming any
> flaw is something I can only see as an insult.

No, it's not a attack or insult. Usually i do a 1 min research on
google group to see past exchanges between me and the tech geekers who
vie to argue with me. With a glimpse of me and joe's past exachanges,
i can get some idea of their nature, from their writing skill to
expertise area to thinking skill. With that knowledge, i can give a
more proper and fitting response.

Like you emphatically expressed, i also try to correct others so that
the young don't get corrupted by bad info.

Please don't feel bad if i tried to correct your correction. When you
tried to correct my correction of your correction and is corrected by
me again, i would advice not to insist on correcting it back, because
it is not fruitful. But if you insist on the virtues of facts and
corrections, i'm happy to follow your lead.

> Good day, sir.

Good morn actually, it's 3:13 am here. I'm off to bed.

Happy hacking,

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/