Re: Info nodes titles font size customization

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Info nodes titles font size customization
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:31:27 +0200

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> writes:

> Drew Adams wrote:
>> However, this is what I'd recommend: Set variable `custom-file' to the
>> name of a different file from `.emacs', e.g. `~/rodolfo-custom-file', and
>> then use Customize. It's much easier and cleaner than you think. This
>> will keep all of the ugly Customize-maintained stuff out of your
>> `.emacs'. See the Emacs manual, node Saving Customizations.
>
> in your shell:
>
> mkdir ~/.emacs.d
>
> in ~/.emacs:
>
> (setq custom-file "~/.emacs.d/custom.el")
> (setq load-path (cons "~/.emacs.d" load-path))
>
> that puts all the clutter from customize in custom.el, which is neatly
> tucked away in a hidden directory. the second line allows you to put your
> personal add-ons in that same directory, keeping the clutter out of your
> home dir.

Some people frown at putting your own stuff in .emacs.d. Personally I
put everything in there and have never had a problem. ~/.emacs is now
~/.emacs.d/init.el. I also now
have ~/.emacs.d/.gnus.d/init.el for Gnus handling. Make it a lot cleaner
to sync with other computers.

--
Once upon a time we were just plain people.  But that was before we began
having relationships with mechanical systems.  Get involved with a machine and