Re: emacs mode line suggestions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs mode line suggestions
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:53:48 +0200

> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:10:23 +0100
> From: Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com>
> Cc: 'Richard Riley' <rileyrgdev@gmail.com>, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com> writes:
>
> You seem to miss the point slightly. Many beginners do not, for obvious
> reasons, frequent emacs development. And it is beginners I was referring
> to.

For those, there's bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.  All active developers read
it, and recently it was connected to the Emacs bug tracker, so such
reports are not lost in time.

> And you are an optimist if you feel that new users will be
> subscribing to emacs development

There's no need to subscribe, if you are willing to suffer a few hours
of delay due to moderation.

> where it can be slightly frightening for the non clued in new user
> IMO.

??? emacs-devel is far from being a frightening place.  If you dwell
on many forums, you will know what I mean.