Re: Tracing what is loading

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Tracing what is loading
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:14:21 +0100

Hello again,

~/.abbrevs is the default value of `abbrev-file-name', defined in
`paths.el'. This is set also with emacs -Q.

`load-history' is a flat list, so we can't expect that it reflects the
recursive load history perfectly. I don't know if file names are added
when loading the file starts or when it ends.

Maybe interesting for you:
There is a variable `message-log-max' which defines how much messages
are remembered in the *Messages* buffer. One can set it to `t' which
means `no limit', but of course its to late for you to do this after
startup. `message-log-max' is defined in `.../emacs/src/xdisp.c', maybe
one can simply edit and recompile this file?

P.S.: Why do you have to know which files are loaded at which time that
exactly?

Michael