Re: Tracing what is loading

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Tracing what is loading
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:46:29 -0600

> P.S.: Why do you have to know which files are loaded at which time that
> exactly?

Sort of a nothing reason really.  I started out trying to figure out
what OS developers (of gentoo)  had inserted in places that would load
before my own site-start file.

I could have just put (message "here I is") in them and seen if that
turned up before site-start.el.

So far as having unlimited Messages buffer;  I don't find that it gets
over run just on a startup, and thats the only time I was concerned
with.

Gentoo developers put these files in place when you install emacs with
their `emerge' tool:

 /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.el

This directory:

 /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.d

And these files:

  ls /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.d

  20emacs-22-gentoo.el
  20emacs-cvs-23-gentoo.el
  50bbdb-gentoo.el
  50git-gentoo.el
  50guile-gentoo.el
  50libidn-gentoo.el
  50librep-gentoo.el
  50sawfish-gentoo.el
  65emacs-wget-gentoo.el
  71emacs-w3m-gentoo.el

It appears to be some kind of timed loading.  I was trying to figure
out what it all did.

Sorry to have made so much line noise about this.