Re: StumpWM and Gnome

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: StumpWM and Gnome
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:58:19 -0600

Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> writes:
> So, my question is: under Ubuntu, is it possible to have both
> StumpWM *and* Gnome, and have a convenient way to switch between
> both -- so I sometimes can learn with the StumpWM, and sometimes
> (when I'm in a hurry) work efficiently with what I better know
> (Gnome)?

See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/stumpwm-devel/2007-02/msg00007.html
What I do is have

  while :
  do
    /path/to/stumpwm
    gnome-session
  done

in my .xinitrc.  When logging in, choose the appropriate session
(something like "Run XClient Script").  Logging out of stumpwm takes you
to gnome, and conversely.

Since this is offtopic, any followups should go to
stumpwm-devel@nongnu.org

Jay