Re: StumpWM and Gnome

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: StumpWM and Gnome
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:50:06 +0100

Hi Andreas, Jay, Dmitri, Ted and the others,

> SV> I read things about StumpWM with a lot of interest for some
> SV> time, now. I would like to give it a try, but I fear I would
> SV> miss windows and icons.
>
> SV> So, my question is: under Ubuntu, is it possible to have both
> SV> StumpWM *and* Gnome, and have a convenient way to switch between
> SV> both -- so I sometimes can learn with the StumpWM, and sometimes
> SV> (when I'm in a hurry) work efficiently with what I better know
> SV> (Gnome)?
>
> SV> Any hints on how to do this?

Thank you very much for your different and very interesting
answers on how to make that happen.

I've managed to launch the StumpWM, but I get an empty screen. I
mean I see "Welcome to StumpWM" in a box on the top right
corner, that disappears after a couple of seconds, and then
nothing...

I try to click or press keys, but nothing changes -- no
reaction...

> Note you can use
> nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.window-managers.stumpwm.devel
> or the mailing list that it tracks to ask StumpWM questions.

Anyway, I will use that newsgroup for further questions.

Thanks,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban