Re: Chinese characters missing in .ps output file

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Chinese characters missing in .ps output file
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:21:35 +0100

Am 20.12.2008 um 16:49 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:

What am I missing, how can I work it out?

You are missing CID mapped PostScript fonts or a means to teach GNU Emacs to use TrueType or OpenType fonts instead.

Remember: a PostScript font can have thousands or millions of glyphs, but its encoding can only be 256 elements. It took years until PostScript was expanded to support CJK scripts.

Instead try htmlize.el by Hrvoje Nikšić: http://fly.srk.fer.hr/ ~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el. A sample of its capabilities can be seen here: http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el.html – missing some CJK and other non-Latin content. Lennart Borgman's htmlize- view.el helps a bit to handle printing (http://piprim.tuxfamily.org/ home/pi/emacs.d/site-lisp/htmlize-view.el).

Can you add a bit to the Emacs wiki?

--
Greetings

  Pete

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
                                – Rich Cook