Re: Thanks!, Emacs news/mail client (was: How to get my mail back from R

From: John Velman
Subject: Re: Thanks!, Emacs news/mail client (was: How to get my mail back from RMAIL)
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 22:27:35 GMT

Thanks to both Dirk and Teemu.

I'm a little bit in the same condition I was last July when I wanted to
dash of a "small" program to get many views of a database.  Had to run
on Tiger (OS X 10.4), develop on Leopard(OS X 10.5).  I thought to use
Python and PyQT  -- not familiar with QT, but there's a good book....
Someone suggested I take a look at PyObjectiveC to get a real Mac interface.
 Then someone suggested I just look at Cocoa with objective-c.
Wow.  Complicated (cocoa, not objective-c),  but with the XCode IDE
_really_ nice.
Maybe I'll have a look at Gnus while I keep Mutt going...

Thanks again.

John Velman