Re: a look at the browser scene & emacs

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: a look at the browser scene & emacs
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:12:33 -0700

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 08:48, Colin S. Miller
<no-spam-thank-you@csmiller.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> (require 'redo)
> (global-set-key '(control meta -) 'redo)
>
> will make Emacs's redo behave like most other editors.

The behavior of redo is indeed an improvement -- it provides the
needed functionality -- but that  package corrupts the buffer.

If that bug were fixed in both emacs and xemacs, I think that there
would be no complaints about undo at all.

(Oh, some people might suggest branching or viewing the history or a
different type of bunching or something, but the lack of a true redo
(as opposed to undoing the undo) is IMO among the biggest usability
issues in all of emacs-dom.)

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering, pain, and disability (worse