How to get "electric" behavior in completions buffer?

From: David Karr
Subject: How to get "electric" behavior in completions buffer?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:49:09 -0800

In my previous lives using various Emacsen, I seemed to remember that when a completions buffer came up, I could press "q" in the buffer to make it go away.  This works for other buffers ("Help" buffers, for instance). Is it practical to set this up in GNU Emacs (I no longer ask if things are "possible" in Emacs, as there's not much point to that.)?  I've searched through the various documentation, but I can't find anything like this.