Re: Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:26:50 +0100

Am 13.03.2009 um 22:20 schrieb Johan Bockgård:

Hugo Heden <hugoheden@ > writes:

The first time I invoke emacsclient it opens in a terminal, not in a
window-manager-managed GUI-frame. I have to manually create a
GUI-frame using --create-frame.

That seems to be the intended behavior

"If the Emacs process has no existing frame--which can happen if it
     was started as a daemon--then Emacs opens a frame on the terminal
in which you called `emacsclient', as though you had used the `-t'
     option."

(info "(emacs) Invoking emacsclient")

This is not really clever: after I successfully compiled GNU Emacs from CVS I launch it for testing from the elder Emacs' *shell* buffer – this has to fail then!

--
Greetings

  Pete

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install MS Windows.