Re: Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:39:32 +0100

Am 13.03.2009 um 12:08 schrieb Hugo Heden:

Hmm, is this clearer? Any ideas?

Just use 'emacsclient.emacs-snapshot <whatsoever>.' If this does not behave as you wish, then you've found a potential bug. Before you submit a report, check the place where you launched the daemon for messages. Check also whether the daemon has DISPLAY set in its process environment. *I* have some problems:

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/Users/ pete/.emacs':

        Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, 85

Because initialisation did not finish, the server hasn't started and emacsclient can't connect ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
                                – Douglas Adams