htmlize.sh

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: htmlize.sh
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've been looking for a syntax highlighter to integrate into texinfo
to be able to colorize @lisp ... @end blocks. Actually, not just a
syntax highlighting tool, I also want to be able to supply links to
certain commands. (E.g. CLHS and MOP links to related Common Lisp
commands.) Below are some of my experiences during my research.

- I first tried my luck with Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate module.
(Hey, texi2html is also written in Perl, should be easy to integrate.)
But it doesn't take long to figure out that it is quite broken for
Lisp family of programming languages.

- You know that flashy http://paste.lisp.org/ pastebin, and it's code
is a F/OSS. Despite it took a half of a day to decouple lisppaste from
its unnecessary dependencies (e.g. araneida web server!), at the end
I'm disappointed by the fact that I need to implement my own parsing
routines for every other programming language.

Long story, eh? At last, I end up with writing a small emacs shell
script, called htmlize.sh[1][2], wrapped around htmlize.el[3].
Furthermore, htmlize.sh has an extensible syntax  recognition
enhancement module that you can introduce new functionalities
relatively in ease;  e.g., it provides CLHS and MOP symbol linking
capabities for lisp-mode. I hope you find it useful too. (Did I say
htmlize.sh is capable of syntax highlighting every piece of code that
emacs is capable of?)

Regards.

P.S. Sorry for cross-posting. I thought Scheme guys might want to
contribute some RNRS linking stuff too.

[1] http://www.students.itu.edu.tr/~yazicivo/files/htmlize.tar.gz
[2] http://www.students.itu.edu.tr/~yazicivo/files/htmlize.README.txt
[3] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize