Re: python setup ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: python setup ?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:34:43 +0200

   Richard Riley wrote:
   > Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
   >

   >> Richard Riley wrote:

   >>> Just to follow up, I re-enabled the ipython bit and it worked fine. I
   >>> had ipython 0.9.1 installed.
   >>>
   >>> The python config (for Linux) is then done in
   >>> ~/.ipython/ipy_user_conf.py
   >>>

   >> Hi,
   >>
   >> I've changed python-mode a little bit.
   >> Purpose was to make movements a little bit easier,
   >> more predictible.
   >>
   >> Comments welcome.
   >>
   >> BTW have a look at pydb from Rocky Bernstein, if not done already.
   >>
   >> Andreas
   >>

   > I see you have a pycomplete. Nicholaj Schum has jus put together a
   > company mode backend for pysmell. How does pycomplete compare to
   > pysmell?

   Thats part of the package kept by Barry Warsaw.  Made a branch from it,
   but changed only python-mode.el.

   I'm not sure to keep this files in my branch or not.

   Nonetheless, thanks for your question. I shall have a look at it and try
   an answer next days.

   BTW as more things are at stake as python-mode.el, what would you think
   about an archiv
   emacs-python, where all the stuff to edit python-code with emacs is
   collected?

I vote for this idea. A kind of "python starter kit" would be
very appreciated given how messy python (in emacs world) is... It
is practically impossible to understand which tool is good and
for what it is good.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org